"Emily is a fabulous writer and she wholly embraces our mutual success by meeting deadlines and proactively thinking outside the box. She is very organized and creative and I consider her a crucial part of my business' success."
– Marianne Cursetjee, Owner, Discover This, Clackamas, Oregon
"Emily Puro is the complete package. Not only is she a gifted wordsmith but she invariably delivers more than expected. She's thorough in her research, astute in her observations and conclusions and has an incredible talent for organizing feature articles so that they're both interesting and accessible."
– Marie Sherlock, Editor, Metro Parent Magazine, Portland, Oregon
"Emily is a truly gifted writer and editor whom I've had the pleasure of working with over the last four years. During this period, I've developed the highest regard for her sense of community, knowledge of solid HR practices, integrity, and professionalism. She continues to deliver high quality work, always on time, and usually exceeding expectations. Many of HRI's valued clients have been better served because of my partnership with Emily. I highly recommend you explore how her services can help you better meet your organization's writing and editing needs."
– Monica Rotzien, Principal, Human Resources, Inc. (HRI), Portland, Oregon
"Emily is a talented writer who brings a refreshing enthusiasm to every project. She can take a great deal of information and quickly turn it into clear and engaging copy."
– Ani Phyo, Co-owner, SmartMonkey Foods, Portland, Oregon
"I just read your (article). Most excellent! You really nailed it. And you turned it around quickly, too. Thanks so much!"
– Food Section Assistant Editor, (Major Metropolitan Newspaper)
"Thorough reporting, good interviews and solid writing make this primer on educational philosophies invaluable for parents who are flummoxed with the array of teaching methods, schools and ideas regarding how to educate children. The writer takes the time to not only explain each philosophy, but provide examples and interviews, which makes it that much more valuable."
– Parenting Publications of America, judges' comments in awarding Many Schools of Thought a Silver Medal, 2009
"This look at water birth is a well-researched, well-written story that offers a realistic view of what to expect in giving birth in a tub of water, while offering information on local resources and compelling interviews with couples who have experienced it."
– Parenting Publications of America, judges' comments in awarding Born in Water: The Wonders of Waterbirth a Bronze Medal, 2008
"The depth and breadth of the reporting about mothers who counter-intuitively gain control over their schedules by becoming entrepreneurs make this story worthy."
– Parenting Publications of America, judges' comments in awarding Moms Who Mean Business a Bronze Medal, 2008